About a year ago, I was brought in to The Sidney Pier to assist them with some web problems they were experiencing. The site graded out at a fairly poor score of 28/100 for basic optimization and needed help badly.
After an initial presentation to one of the board members, I was introduced to the dynamic Director of Marketing and we began working through the site together, communications the pre-set goals of first increasing the overall back-end optimization and then beginning the process of re-designing the web site.
Over a period of one year, as consultants first and web designers second, we shifted the web site from an ancient Cold Fusion System to an open source Joomla CMS System, creating a modern web site which the staff of The Sidney Pier could now update themselves with little training along the way.
The overview is that along the way, we achieved the following for The Sidney Pier;
• Their Online Reservation conversions were up by over 400% year over year
• Their page rank increased from 2 to 5
• Their Web Site Grading increased from 25/100 to 96.9/100.
• Their Alexa ranking rose from 18,902,146 which was only in the top 61.53 % of all websites to of 1,132,847 which is in the top 3.643 % of all websites globally – an increase of what, if my math is correct – 1,800 per cent !
• Their backlinks increased from 34 – 510.
• Their pay per click costs fell from 6.65% to 3.13%, thereby increasing their organic search results while lowering their pay per click costs – exactly as I said would happen. This saved The Sidney Pier thousands of dollars annually.
We believe that we can achieve similar results with virtually any web site through applied optimization and good internet strategy,